Soil, Compost & Sand
Southern Alamance County’s local landscape supply store.
Soil, Compost & Sand
We also carry bulk soils and sand. We keep the following in stock and can load your truck or trailer as well as deliver.
- Compost- Grade-A compost! Food waste, eggshells, leaves, clean wood waste, animal bedding and other feedstocks create this soil amendment. The eggshells provide a natural source of slow release lime for our acidic NC soils This beautiful compost is cured and screened and certified organic.
- Topsoil 50/50- This is our premium topsoil. It consists of 50% topsoil and 50% grade- A compost. It is perfect for planters, lawn or raised bed garden soil and certified organic..
- Soil Mix- Consists of topsoil and ground wood. This pretty soil is good for filling holes in the yard or amending your yard soil. The wood allows plenty of air for grass to thrive. A great option as a top dressing in your vegetable as well.
- Fill Dirt- great for filling in holes, leveling an uneven surface, and using anywhere you would want a cheap alternative and do not need the nutrients to grow a garden.
- Mortar Sand- Screened sand mixed with clay. Good for leveling areas such as above ground pool foundation, riding arenas, fire pits, etc.
- Sand Screenings- A by-product from fish gravel this is a course sand with multi-colored rocks dispersed throughout, used for sand boxes, soil amendment, under pavers, riding arenas.
We sell all of our bulk products by the truckload, by the half yard, or by the 5-gallon bucket.
We are a certified Daddy Pete’s Plant Pleaser dealer. These bagged soil products are produced in North Carolina and certified organic. We carry the following products:
- Cow Manure- Organic Composted Cow Manure, used for amending soils and lawns, tomato plants love it
- Kickin’ Chicken- Organic composted cow manure and organic composted chicken manure, used for amending lawns and soil
- Mushroom Compost- Natural Compost Mixture, used for amending Soil, Vegetables
- Planting Mix- Composted Cow Manure and Premium Aged Pine Bark Fines, used for Roses & Nursery Stock, Amending Soil, Trees, Shrubs
- Raised Bed Mix- combination of Composted Cow Manure, premium aged pine bark fines, sand, perlite, and gypsum. This mix is excellent for vegetables, herbs, annuals, perennials, or for bulb planting. Specially made for raised beds and containers allowing controlled drainage and moisture settings for all plants.
- Potting Mix- combination of Composted Cow Manure, premium aged pine bark fines, perlite, and gypsum, used for Vegetables, Raised Beds, Containers, Hanging Baskets, Annuals, Herbs, re-potting plants.
- Barnyard Fertilizer- Barnyard Fertilizer is a pelleted, slow release lawn and garden fertilizer for all 4 seasons: spring, summer, fall, and winter. It is made of Daddy Pete’s Composted Dairy Cow Manure and Daddy Pete’s Composted Chicken Manure.
Subscribe & Save
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest discounts, deals and news from Rock Creek Supply.